Patagonia Rio Gallegos Zip Front Waders
The Rio Gallegos Zip-Front Waders bring the convenience of a waterproof front TIZIP® to the toughest, most puncture-resistant waterproof/breathable wader on the planet. In other words, the ultimate fly fishing waders now feature a fly. Our newest version of the Rio Gallegos is built with strategically placed weights of an even tougher, more breathable 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber fabric package and SSC (single seam construction) for greater durability and freedom of movement. The result? Max longevity and flexibility without resorting to excessive, heavy, sweat-trapping layers. Our revolutionary merino wool grid lined neoprene booties wick perspiration and create guilt-inducing levels of foot comfort. The 3mm neoprene maintains the warmth of 5mm neoprene but with better wicking. Our innovative internal suspension system allows easy conversion to waist height, while the front zipper offers quick, easy relief without having to remove your jacket. Upper exterior glued-in, water-repellent zip pocket at chest provides ample storage for quick access to tippets, nippers and lip balm. An interior, clear-welded TPU pocket provides waterproof security for cell phone, camera and keys. More features: sculpted upper for reduced drag in heavy currents, anatomically curved knees with removable knee pads, built-in fabric gravel guards with abrasion-resistant scuff zones and high-filtration polyester (100% recycled) mesh drain strip, a quick-release DuraFlex® Stealth-V buckle for an adjustable fit and, to avoid line catch, concealed stainless-steel locking boot hooks. Exterior reinforcement tape on interior leg and crotch provides unsurpassed abrasion resistance where it's needed most. Field repair kit included.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell, with a proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and NanoSphere® DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight; exterior reinforcements on crotch resist abrasion
- Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height for quick relief without having to remove jacket; TPU slide-and-lock design on front and back of suspenders offers security when wading deep and for roll-down, waist high comfort
- Full elastic back provides all-day comfort
- Innovative SSC (single seam construction) seaming completely eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Interior welded TPU-waterproof zippered pocket protects camera, cell phone; chest handwarmer pockets with water-resistant zippers; laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper allows easy access to tools, nippers
- Anatomically curved knees; removable neoprene knee pads
- Anatomically designed left and right booties with abrasion-resistant soles; 3mm neoprene booties are lined with patent-pending merino wool grid, providing the same warmth and better breathability than 5mm neoprene; field repair kit included
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: Upper: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta. Lower: 9.1-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density, double-weave taffeta. All with a waterproof/breathable barrier and NanoSphere® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 1315 g (46.4 oz)
TechnologyH2No® Performance Standard is Patagonia’s benchmark for waterproofness, breathability and durability, which ensures a high level of long-term performance backed by our Ironclad Guarantee. H2No Performance Standard products undergo the most rigorous testing in the industry.
Click To Enlarge
- Item #: pmrgzfw